In conversation with founder Laura of L-Complex
Regular consumption of kombucha can help you to compensate for various nutrient deficiencies and, thanks to the many probiotic kombucha cultures and beneficial acids, keep your intestinal environment in balance.
Should you ever have an explicit deficiency of a certain nutrient, it is advisable to also take a dietary supplement and refill your memory in a targeted manner.
In the jungle of many nutritional supplements, Laura stands out with her boy StartupL-COMPLEX strongly different from other products. Your preparations are exclusively made from natural ingredients manufactured and to 100% tested for purity , as well as largely vegan. In the interview, Laura reveals interesting facts about nutrients and why little stress and a healthy bowels and a balanced microbiome so important to a healthy body are!
“Food is no longer as nutritious as it used to be. In addition, our digitalized and fast society lives in a completely abnormal stress level that prevents our bodies from properly absorbing and storing nutrients.”
I'm Laura and I founded L-COMPLEX at the beginning of 2019, parallel to my job at the time in a Berlin start-up. I've always been interested in healthy eating. I only found the way to dietary supplements after a long stumbling block. My realization: We live in a world full of new stress factors that make a healthy diet, enough exercise and sufficient relaxation phases difficult. Chronic ailments such as migraines, intolerance or fatigue are now part of everyday life for most of them. We can actively do something about it! I want to help people understand their bodies better and through a holistic approach too more joy and health in life help. The right nutritional supplements are the most important first step.
1. Please introduce yourself and L-COMPLEX briefly. Why the name and how did you come up with the idea of founding L-COMPLEX?
the The food supplement market is very opaque and meanwhile flooded with products and various healing promises. Most of the products have many synthetic and animal ingredients and additives that the body does not need and can even burden it. The products are rarely tested for purity, so that some of them can be contaminated with pesticides, heavy metals and other toxins. Our products are all based on natural ingredients , are 100% tested for purity and largely vegan . we produce in Germany according to the highest EU guidelines , for short delivery routes and full control over the supply chain and quality. Instead of plastic, we use recycled glass for packaging. We try to work and produce largely CO2-neutrally. Our recipes are specially created together with our biochemists. We only use ingredients that have been scientifically proven to have a function / benefit in the body without burdening it. Thanks to our experts, we can too react quickly to new research results .
2. Diet supplements are trendy: What sets your products apart from others??
Should a conscious diet not be enough to supply the body with the necessary nutrients. Unfortunately, it is precisely our developed society that is the problem: Our breeding grounds are completely overloaded by agriculture, and the earth can no longer properly recover. The result: Food is no longer as nutritious as it used to be. In addition, our digitized and lives fast company in a totally abnormal stress level which prevents our bodies from properly absorbing and storing nutrients. Think of it this way: We used to run away from lions and all other organs, including our digestion, were paralyzed so that we could survive. Today we have a high pulse due to the various media we consume every day as well as the daily work, family and leisure stress. We sleep even less and specific relaxation phases are neglected. The result is the same. Hardly anyone today can still get the nutrients they need to stay healthy in the long term. This is clearly reflected in the Increase in chronic physical and mental illnesses again. And let's be completely honest. Who still feels 100% today? Hardly anyone!! Optimized nutrient uptake helps.
3. Why do so many people in a developed society like ours need supplements?
4. On your blog you write that, above all, emotional stress and fears are more present than before and that in the long term these would have a considerable negative impact on health. How can your dietary supplements help?en?the The psyche and our physical wellbeing are closely related and behave in a symbiotic manner. One weak psyche affects nutrient absorption and immune system , as well as nutrition and the immune system also have an influence on the psyche. Those who suffer from stress and anxiety should pay attention to nutrients that support the immune system and a normal psyche. Because our Nutrient uptake mainly takes place in the gut and 70% of our immune system resides in the gut , we always recommend the first step Intestinal build-up by taking our Active Cultures . Vitamin B Complex is also recommended. The B vitamins are involved in almost every metabolism in the body and not only promote the immune system (B6, B12), but also have a direct influence on the psyche (B1) and the nervous system (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B12).
5. Do you have a tip on how to best support your immune system during the cold season?
If you don't already do it, you should Make sure you are supplementing with vitamin D in winter . Vitamin D is only absorbed through the sun's rays and cannot be produced by the body itself. So it's not surprising that up to 90% of Germans have a shortage. Good to know: Vitamin D is actually a hormone and therefore also has an indirect influence on other hormones such as serotonin or our reproductive hormones. Women in particular should therefore pay attention to a good mirror here. Additional Antioxidants like Vitamin C and Zinc support our immune defense against pathogens that circulate especially in winter. Otherwise we recommend the adequate intake of green vegetables to be careful, as this contains many valuable nutrients and is usually neglected in winter.
6. In your opinion, how important is the microbiome and a healthy gut for nutrient absorption??As noted earlier, the microbiome is incredibly important. The absorption of nutrients takes place mainly in the small intestine and can only function when our intestines are in balance. It is therefore worth investing in a healthy intestinal environment, e.g. through proper nutrition and additional nutrients that our Intestinal flora in balance keep.
A balanced intestinal flora is essential for our general well-being. That's why it's worth doing something actively for our intestinal health. Our Active Cultures contain 14 of the most important bacterial strains as well as 10.65 billion germs, which are essential for a good intestinal environment. Just when we feel bloated Difficulty with digestion or even suffer from intolerance, this is usually a sign that we do not have enough good intestinal bacteria. Our intestinal wall is possibly already permeable and susceptible to pathogens (leaky gut). This is where probiotics like our Active Cultures can help andd replenish the good bacteria in the intestines . It's also generally worth it probiotic foods to be integrated into the diet in order to additionally support our intestines with good bacteria on a daily basis. We particularly recommend: Kimchi, yogurt, kombucha, miso, tofu and sauerkraut.
7. Of course, as Kombucha lovers, we find the Active Cultures from L-Complex particularly exciting. Please tell us more about how valuable probiotic bacterial cultures are in our diet?
8. Please give us a little glimpse into the future, what are you going to do on your trip with L-COMPLEX??
With L-COMPLEX I want to create a place where I give the customer power again, to actively take control of your own health . With the right tips and products, I want to help people develop routines that lay the foundation for a long and livable life despite stress. I am aiming at one holistic approach that goes well beyond micronutrients. So there are still many exciting projects waiting for you in the next year.
With the voucher code: LCOMPLEX10 you get 10% on https://l-complex.com.
Thank you for reading!