Kombucha promotes your well-being. In already someArticles we have reported on how the ingredients of the fermented tea drink for your intestinal health, yourbeauty and yoursAcid-base balance can have a supportive effect. Mixed with other valuable ingredients, I would like to introduce you to a few recipes for green smoothies for even more vitality.
Smoothies, meanwhile on everyone's lips, can be the perfect breakfast, the optimal snack or a quick lunch, a delicious treat for any time of the day or simply a plus in micronutrients for your normal meals..
What makes the green smoothie so special?
The essentials and most important things in the green smoothie are the green leaves. Green plants contain all essential minerals, vitamins and amino acids, that we need to be healthy. There is much to suggest that green plants have always been a staple food for humans.
Our diet has changed a lot over time. Refined sugar, white flour, hydrogenated fats, and many other highly processed foods are crowding out nutrient-rich and natural products. With a smoothie you at least have the possibility to get all the necessary nutrients in a simple form to support your immune system in everyday life.
That's in the green smoothie
Vitamins only develop their full potential together with other vital substances. A smoothie can bring these together and make them bioavailable to your body.
More minerals than you might think
Green leaves are the plant's mineral treasure trove. With daily green smoothies you get your dose of calcium and magnesium for healthy bones and teeth.
Precious trace elements
For example iron for blood formation, zinc for a good mood, phosphorus for the bones and selenium for a stable nervous system.
High quality amino acids
Not only vegans, but all of us and especially athletes benefit from the high-quality vegetable proteins.
Antioxidants that keep you young and healthy
Leaves, fruits and fruit pits contain plenty of these substances that render free oxygen radicals harmless and thus keep you young and fit.
The mysterious superstar chlorophyll
The green gold in all leaves, especially in wild herbs such as nettles, ground elder, dandelions and daisies, effectively protects the body and even detoxifies it.
Together with the chlorophyll in the smoothie, they clean the intestines, support digestion and make an effective contribution to detoxification. The best basis for the healthy living cultures from the kombucha to settle in your intestines.
Keep it simple
Try it out and slowly approach your favorite ingredients. Make sure that you like it, that you can digest your smoothie well and that you feel good afterwards. If you feel like other ingredients and you're tired of something, swap them out. This is also important so that you do not ingest too many of the protective substances present in a plant (healthy for humans in small amounts).
The basic smoothie should always contain the following ingredients, preferably everything organic::
- Fruit, e.g. apple, banana, pear, mango, berries
- 1 slice of lemon or lime
- Leafy greens or green vegetables, e.g. leaf spinach, leafy lettuce, kale, celery, stinging nettle
- Liquid, e.g. filtered tap water, mineral water, kombucha, freshly squeezed juice
Possible extras: Algae such as chlorella, nuts and spices such as hemp seeds or nut butter, turmeric, cinnamon, wild flowers or needles / leaves from trees and bushes.here you will find a list of ingredients that are very good for smoothies.
Tip: Feel free to use frozen fruit or leafy greens, such as frozen young leaf spinach. These can be stored for a long time and still contain most of the micronutrients when flash frozen.
Green Kombucha Smoothies 3 Recipese
Green Basic Booch
Ingredients for about 1 liter
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 to 2 apples, depending on the size
- 2 handfuls of spinach leaves
- 1 slice of lemon, approx. 2 cm thick, leave the stones in there
- Ginger to taste
- Mint to taste
- 1/2 L Kombucha,homemade orKombucha Original
How to do it
- Peel the banana and roughly break it into pieces.
- Remove the stem from the apple. Cores and housing are also used. Cut the apple into pieces.
- Cut off the peel from the lemon wedges. You can add a little bit of it to the smoothie to flavor it.Tip: Leave the white skin around the lemon. It contains phytochemicals that are beneficial to health.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender
- Mix all the ingredients together so that the ingredients are pureed as finely as possible.
- Put in a nice glass, decorate as needed and enjoy your smoothie.
Tip: Please make sure that the smoothie does not get too hot through long blending.
Berry smoothie recipe with flowers
Ingredients for about 0.5 liters
- 1 to 2 handfuls of edible flowers, e.g. daisies, dandelions, pansies, dead nettles, forget-me-nots, meadowfoam, wild roses
- 2 bananas
- 200 to 300 g of fresh berries raspberries, strawberries, blueberries
- 1 pinch of ground vanilla
- 200 to 300 mlKombucha Blackcurrant, depending on how creamy you like your smoothie
How to do it
- Clean the ingredients, peel them if necessary or remove the pulp
- Cut to size appropriate for the mixer.
- Put everything in the mixer and mix until it is smooth.
- Enjoy from the heart.
Honeydew melon smoothie with lemon balm
Ingredients for approx. 650 ml
- 5 stalks of Swiss chard
- 2 sprigs of lemon balm
- ½ honeydew melon
- ½ avocado
- 1 banana
- 200 to 300 mlKombucha passion Passion fruit
How to do it
- Clean the ingredients and cut them to the right size for a mixer.
- Halve and core the avocado and remove the pulp.
- Put everything in the blender and puree until fine.
- Enjoy your honeydew melon smoothie.
Tip: Depending on the mixer model, I recommend pouring the kombucha into a glass beforehand and stirring out the carbon dioxide so as not to build up unnecessary pressure in the device while mixing.
Which mixer do I need for a green smoothie??
The best thing to do is to get advice. Recommended brands are: Vitamix, Nutribullet, Bianco di Puro, Wartmann Mixer
Buy a smoothie or, better still, make it yourself?
Ready-made smoothies are:
- highly heated and therefore have fewer nutrients than fresh smoothieses
- no (basic) raw food
- are made from processed ingredients, not whole fruitsen
- are quite expensive, it is worth doing it yourself
- are not fresh
- may contain additives such as sugar, flavorings or coloringsen
- often consist mainly of cheap ingredientsen
- are often filled in harmful plastic bottles and stand on the supermarket shelf for a long time-Regal
- do not allow any control over the quality and origin of the ingredientsn
- can't keep up with freshly prepared smoothies in terms of tastelten
Conclusion: It's better to make a smoothie yourself than to buy a smoothie! Tastes better and is definitely healthier.
What does NOT belong in the green smoothie?So that the green smoothie remains an alkaline and easily digestible meal, I advise against adding the following ingredients::
- Unripe fruits – not only are these not good for the body, they can also really ruin the smoothie taste.
- Sugar additives or substitutesfe , in any form such as honey, syrup, maple syrup. If your green smoothie isn't sweet enough for you, just use really ripe fruits, such as brown bananas, sweet mangoes or Medjool dates..
- Dairy productse such as yogurt, quark or milk. These impair the basic effect of the smoothie and make it difficult to digest. The same applies to juices and vegetable milk:ilch:
- juices – Commercial fruit juices and vegetable juices are heated to a high temperature to enable long storage times. Juices, such as apple juice, tomato juice, orange juice, vegetable juice, and multivitamin juice.taminsaft.
- Plant milk / vegan milkh such as rice milk, soy milk, oat milk and almond milk etc.c.
- Oils, nuts or seeds could make it difficult to digest and impair the alkaline effect. Exception: If you fancy a variety of smoothies, then prepare the smoothie in a bowl and top it with chopped fruit, granola, berries, herbs and superfoods such as chia or hemp seeds.nfsamen.
- your-ernaehrung.de Ulrike Eder
- A book: Green smoothies The healthy mini meal from the blenderr ,
Dr. Med. Christian Guth / Burkhard Hickisch, GU
Good luck with your preparation and good health!
Thank you for reading!