Ginger-Lemon Kombucha Recipe
It's slowly getting warmer and yet, especially in the transitional period from winter to spring, you should take care of your immune system. If the cold days should break in again, a balanced diet will help you a lot. In addition to eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you can make this super tasty ginger lemon kombucha.
Here's what you'll need:
- 500 ml raw
- 1 medium sized tuber of ginger peeled and cut into sticks
- 30 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
How to prepare:
- Pour kombucha into a large enough sealable glass bottle.
- Add ginger and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Close the bottle tightly and let it stand at room temperature for 2-3 days.
- Then filter the ginger through a sieve and your kombucha is ready!
- From day 4, it's best to store it in the fridge!
3 interesting facts about ginger
- The essential oil gingerol found in ginger has a similar structure to acetylsalicylic acid and can have a similar effect to aspirin.
- The enzyme zingibain found in ginger helps break down proteins into tiny amino acids. People who have trouble digesting proteins can find this immensely helpful.
- Ginger can be a good travel companion against nausea and calm your stomach.
3 Interesting facts about lemons
- The substances found in lemons can help your body absorb iron more efficiently.
- Lemons contain a lot of antioxidants. These can prevent skin aging caused by free radicals and help reduce blemishes.
- Lemon juice is a natural appetite suppressant and can help you lose weight.
Thanks for reading!