I can do that with a clear one „Yes“ respond. What the mushroom does for tea, it can also do for you: provide you with an abundance of nutrients. Why you the Try scoby should, yummy Tea mushroom recipes and the latest Scoby trends await you in this blog article.
What the Scoby can do
the SCOBY (SYMBIOTIC CULTURE OF BACTERIA AND YEASTS) – From a botanical point of view, a lichen has been known for centuries and is an amazing plant: it lives, thrives and gives us the delicious, health-promoting Kombucha.
Anyone who brews Kombucha at home knows that the tea fungus grows larger and larger over time and that at some point you will have more scobies in the house than you need. So the question arises as to whether you can do more with the excess tea fungus.
What is a SCOBY made of?
- Bacterial cultures (e.g. lactic acid and vinegar bacteria)
- Yeast cultures
- Interplay in a kind of symbiosis
Why should you eat the Kombucha tea mushroom??
- is the Source of beneficial bacteria in the kombucha
- contains insoluble fiber that extremely gut-friendly works
- helps with Regulation of blood sugar levels
- works basic on our body
- has hardly any calories and still gives a pleasant feeling of satiety
- absorbed excess cholesterol in the bloodstream
- is full of Vitamins, minerals, enzymes and trace elements
These are convincing arguments to just try the Scoby. Of course, the tea mushroom can simply be cut into small pieces and eaten.However There are no limits to creativity if the taste is still a bit unusual for the first try.
What can we use the Kombucha mushroom for?
The tea mushroom to eat: A new trend, like jerky or fruit gum The scoby as a beauty mask, foot bath, pet food or as a leather substitute I would like to give you an overview with the following recipe section.n.
1. Alternative to fish in sushi
The use of the Kombucha tea mushroom is a very attractive alternative to fish, especially for vegetarians. When you cook the scoby, its consistency is reminiscent of calamari. The scoby is particularly popular as a substitute for fish in sushi. If you want to preserve all of the nutrients in the Scoby, it is best to use it raw.
2. The latest trend: Scoby jerky
Marinate the scoby in your favorite sauce for 24 hours and then lay it flat on a piece of baking paper. Dry it at 30 to 40 C until it is dry and has a consistency like jerky. Tip: All dishes that are processed up to 42 C are still considered raw and most of the valuable ingredients have been preserved..
3. Make delicious kombucha smoothies
Smoothies get a special nutritional kick with a few pieces of Scoby. The tea mushroom goes well with green smoothies, sweet berry smoothies or in a breakfast bowl.
4. Scoby for your pet
The Scoby can also develop its effects on your pets, whether dogs, cats, rabbits or horses, and do something good for their metabolism. Try a piece of tea mushroom to see if they like it.
5. Other uses for the tea mushroom
- For your beauty: WhenFace mask, Hair treatment or foot bath. Your skin and hair will thank you.
- For wounds or sunburn: Apply the pureed scoby to light wounds or skin infections. Mixed with some aloe vera gel, the tea mushroom is a soothing lotion after sunbathing.
- Humus for your flowers: Just throw the Scoby on the compost instead of in the trash.
- Scoby as a leather substitute: Scoby is not only used as a replacement for plastic packaging, but is also professionally produced as so-called vegan leather.t.
Exciting scoby recipes
Berry scoby smoothie
- 30 grams of scoby
- 60 g frozen strawberries
- 100 ml rice milk or other milk substitute
- 100 mlKombucha Original
- some honey or maple syrup
Mix everything and the power smoothie is ready!
Applesauce with Scoby
- 30 grams of Scoby
- 4 to 6 apples (depending on size)
- 50 mlKombucha Original
Cut the apples into pieces. Then add this to the Kombucha with Scoby and mix everything until the desired consistency is achieved. If necessary, cinnamon or a little coconut blossom sugar can also be added. Make sure to keep the finished applesauce in the refrigerator.
Tip: With a stand mixer, you can just remove the stems from the apples and leave the cores and casing on. This is valuable fiber that cleans your intestines and the pectin in the seeds is good for your intestinal bacteria.
Scoby Energy Balls
These delicious energy balls help you to recharge your batteries and to be fit again quickly after a short period of fatigue.
- 125 g of oatmeal
- 40 g dried cherries, dates or figs
- 50 g nut butter
- 3 spoons of honey
- if you like, vanilla powder, cinnamon or other spices
- 30 grams of Scoby
Mix all ingredients well and store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Then you separate the dough with the Support of a spoon and form small balls. Then store the finished Scoby Energy Balls in the refrigerator again.
Strawberry scoby sorbet with rose petals
Ingredients (make approx. 750 ml sorbet):
- 500 g prepared strawberries
- 100 g honey
- 150 ml Kombucha Original
- 2 cl rose essence
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 packet of apple pectin
- 2 handfuls of rose petals
- Wash the strawberries and put them in the blender
- Then add honey, lemon juice, kombucha and apple pectin. Puree the ingredients and taste the sorbet mixture with lemon and rose essence. The strawberry kombucha sorbet should now thicken slightly with the pectin.
- Pluck the rose petals off and sprinkle the petals into the sorbet mixture.
- The sorbet mass is now frozen in the ice cream machine or you can pour the mass into ice cream molds and let it freeze in the freezer. The soft sorbet tastes naturally also unfrozen.
- 5 to 6 thin kombucha scobies
- 1 tablespoon of grated Ginger
- 1 tablespoon of diced garlic
- 120 ml soy sauce
- 7 tbsp honey
- Cut the scobies into strips.
- Mix the remaining ingredients into a marinade and soak the scoby for 24 hours.
- Lay out the kombucha scobies in strips on the slot of your dehydrator.
- Dry the strips until most of the moisture is gone (about 8 hours at 40 C)..
- Store your scoby jerky in an airtight jar at room temperature and use it within a month.
The easiest way to get thin scobys for this recipe is to carefully peel off the top layer of the kombucha tea mushroom. Alternatively, you can try separating a thick scoby into layers.
If you don't have a dehydrator, you can cook your scoby jerky in the oven. To do this, simply set the oven to the lowest temperature and let the door open with a wooden spoon.
Scoby fruit gums
- Baking paper or drying foil
- Angled spatula
- Pizza cutter or scissors
- 500 g scoby
- 125 g fruit puree (strawberry or mixed with raspberry puree)
- 25 g cup of organic sugar
- Puree the fruit, add the sugar to the fruit and set aside.
- Puree the scoby in the blender on medium speed.
- Add the fruit puree and keep blending until everything is well mixed.
- Cut the parchment paper so that it fits on the slot in the dehydrator.
- Pour the scoby fruit mixture onto the paper on the rack.
- Using an angled spatula, spread the mixture up to all edges (about 1/2 inch thick).
- Follow steps 1 through 5 until all of the trays are filled.
- Dehydrate the mixture at 30 C for 24 to 36 hours, or until the mixture is dry and no longer sticky..
- Remove the dried mass from the dehydrator and place on a cutting board.
- Use a pizza cutter or scissors to cut 1/2 cm wide strips over all of the dried scoby fruit mass.
- Let the dried Scoby fruit jelly lie on the parchment paper and roll up the Scoby fruit.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Remove the Scoby fruit gum from the paper before eating.
ENOJY YOUR MEAL!
Thank you for reading!