· By Merle von KOMBUCHERY
Ferment at home - recipe for your own tea mushroom
Grow your own kombucha tea fungus with simple equipment
We will explain to you how, with a little patience and the right ingredients, you can easily grow your own tea mushroom. In order for your own symbiosis of yeasts, bacteria and enzymes to develop, you need an unpasteurized raw kombucha as the most important ingredient.a. Because without the many microorganisms that are still alive, it will be difficult to grow your own tea fungus. In addition, your Scoby needs certain prerequisites. An environment that is not too bright and sunny, and a room temperature between 20 and 30 degrees. Influencing factors such as humidity or air pressure in the room also have an effect on the development of the tea fungus. Under simple conditions at home, we ignore these for the time being. And there you go, make your Scoby come alive!
- 1 large glass jar with a wide mouth rinsed well without detergent! (Vinegar is a handy cleaner))
- tea – e.g. green tea, black tea (without flavorings / artificial additives)
- organicraw cane sugar
- Filtered water at bestt
- unpasteurized kombucha (e.g.Original Kombucha)
- 1 breathable clean drape
Environment for the Scoby: 1 room with a temperature between 20 and 30 degrees
Ready to Scoby:
- Boil tea with cane sugar for 8 to 10 minutes (8 g tea per liter / 60 g organic cane sugar per liter).
- Pour the tea and sugar mixture into the glass jar and let it cool down, preferably overnight.
- Important: Cover the glass with the air-permeable clean cloth and fasten it with a rubber band or band!
- The sugar should now be completely dissolved.
- Now the unpasteurized Kombucha can finally be added in a ratio of 1 to 10.
- Then reattach the drape securely to the jar and place the jar in a safe place.
Now it's wait, wait, wait!
Depending on the conditions, it can 7 to 21 days take until the kombucha fungus has formed all by itself. At first it looks as if the small foam bubbles on the surface of the liquid form. These will become denser over time until the Scoby will slowly become visible. In the last few days I've let a Scoby come to life on a small scale myself.
You can read the whole story on our Instagram firstname.lastname@example.org Admire and enjoy making your own tea mushrooms with us #scobybirth to mark. :)
Hinweis: Dieser Artikel ist ausschließlich für Informationszwecke bestimmt und nicht als professionelle Analyse, Beratung oder medizinische Auskunft zu verstehen, sondern enthält die persönliche Meinung des Autors, basierend auf recherchierter Fachliteratur und eigener Erfahrung zum Thema.